New stores and kiosks will feature local favorites and national brands
ATLANTA – Paradies Lagardère, the travel retail and restaurateur leader in North America, was awarded four concessions packages at the Sacramento International Airport (SMF).
Paradies Lagardère carefully considered the airport’s objectives and goals and the needs of its travelers and employees to create the winning bid, securing four retail and kiosk packages. The airport is growing exponentially, posting four consecutive years of growth, and most recently broke passenger records in July. These exciting new concepts, powerhouse as well as proprietary brands, will give travelers a sense of place, celebrate the region and all it offers, and address basic traveler and airport employee needs.
“We’re confident that the retail program Paradies Lagardère has put together for Sacramento International Airport will offer travelers an enhanced customer experience unlike any other,” said Gregg Paradies, president and CEO, Paradies Lagardère. “We’re going to provide the airport, its travelers and its employees creative proprietary concepts, popular national brands, and innovation and technology that will not only make purchases more convenient for travelers, but provide an enhanced customer experience.”
Paradies Lagardère brings to SMF several locally-influenced concepts and national brands:
- The DOCO Market concept will offer an array of local gifts and regional gourmet items from local vendors such as Whole Spice, See’s Candies, The Hen House Soap Company, as well as travel essential items, luggage and electronic accessories. Sports fans will enjoy a variety of licensed team sports apparel featuring the Kings and Sacramento Republic FC.
- Sactown Magazine is the largest—and only locally-owned—city magazine in the region. Sactown Magazine is the perfect vehicle to create an engaging, hometown store and introduce local favorites to travelers. In addition to travel essentials, healthy snacks, and quality grab and go items, travelers will be able to purchase products from local vendors such as Anna Apple, Olive Poppy and Fat and the Moon.
- No Boundaries, a successful Paradies Lagardère proprietary concept, will offer a variety of activewear for men and women with name brands such as KÜHL, Columbia, Mountain Hardwear, Ray-Ban, Oakley, prAna, and more.
- InMotion and Brighton are two of the most successful concepts in airport retail history. Travelers will be able to choose electronics from top brands such as Apple. They will also be able to shop for beautiful jewelry, accessories, handbags, and other items.
- Farm to Fork…to Flight Market will emulate Sacramento’s farm to fork reputation by featuring Paradies Lagardère’s Grab and Go Program with delicious menu items from California’s own Fresh and Ready, as well as popular travel essentials, gifts, electronics, and more. Passengers and airport employees will also be able to enjoy a brief respite in the space; outfitted with tables, chairs, TVs, and WiFi to create an environment to enjoy a meal with the comforts of home.
- Sacramento-based coffee purveyor Chocolate Fish Coffee Roasters will now have a concept at the airport. The store will feature the most in-demand travel essential products, accessories and publications, as well as a café menu matching the quality and passion of the street-side location.
Paradies Lagardère will also introduce several fun and innovative kiosks to the airport:
- Paradies Lagardère will bring Sacramento’s farm to fork character to Farm to Fork to Flight Express.
- Jaynee Cakes will deliver tasty treats to travelers, from cookies and brownies, to breakfast loaves and gourmet pretzel rods, as well as an array of beverages.
The concepts will also allow customers the convenience of easy pay options such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Mobile POS. The new concepts will open in early 2019.