The best of the region will be available to travelers through several unique concepts; powerhouse brands featured
ATLANTA – Paradies Lagardère, the travel retail and restaurateur leader in North America, was awarded two concessions packages at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG).
Paradies Lagardère carefully considered the airport’s objectives and goals and the needs of its travelers and employees to create the winning bid. Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky has recently garnered lots of positive acclaim as a top travel destination, with CVG as an airport to watch. These exciting new concepts, powerhouse as well as proprietary brands, will give travelers a sense of place, celebrate the region and all it offers, and address basic traveler and airport employee needs.
“We’re confident that the retail program Paradies Lagardère has put together for CVG Airport will offer travelers an enhanced customer experience unlike any other,” said Gregg Paradies, president and CEO, Paradies Lagardère. “Our proprietary concepts speak to the history, culture and exciting future for the city of Cincinnati and the region, and we’re offering several popular brands for travelers to enjoy. Paradies Lagardère has also incorporated innovation and technology into these offerings, which will not only make purchases more convenient for travelers, but provide an enhanced customer experience.”
“We’re excited that the new CVG shops will elevate the customer experience while bringing in local flair and providing another avenue to tell the story of our region’s unique offerings to travelers,” said Candace McGraw, CEO, CVG.
Paradies Lagardère designed several concepts specifically for CVG and its traveler demographics, and will also offer two proprietary brands that are popular in other airports in the U.S.:
- Over-the-Rhine-Market, named after the popular Cincinnati neighborhood, will feature one-of-a-kind store displays and fixtures that grab travelers’ attention, as well as offer basic travel necessities and grab and go food items such as fruit and protein boxes.
- Seven Hills Essentials, a fun nod to the city’s nickname, will offer foods, gifts and other items from popular local venders, sports-themed merchandise featuring the Reds, Bengals, and Buckeyes, as well as a Floxbox by KENDU, a new generation LED display that combines textile images with motion effects and dynamic animation.
- Offering a sweet respite in the airport, semiSweet will give travelers a much-needed sugar lift at CVG. Brands such as Godiva, Ghirardelli and Lindt will be offered.
- Books, Barrels, and Bridges merges the airport’s theme into its concept, design and aesthetic, with a large selection of healthy and popular snacks, more than 100 magazine titles, and 500 hard and paperback books. Travelers will also be able to take home apparel and gifts from Kentucky Bourbon Trail, Jim Beam, Four Roses, and Maker’s Mark, among other world-renowned distilleries.
- Gaslight Gifts, a nod to Cincinnati’s history and its Gaslight District, will offer travel basics and a huge selection of local and regional gourmet items, gifts and souvenirs, with brands such as Montgomery Inn BBQ, Rivertown Inkery and Kentucky Souvenir.
- Evoking the classic Art Deco aesthetic of the Cincinnati Museum Center, Queen City Exposition will be a store unlike any other in an airport in North America. With an impressive collection of local gourmet food, gift and souvenir items from popular vendors such as Honey Sweetie Acres and Cityscape Tiles, travelers will be delighted by the store’s beauty and product selection.
- Popular in airports across North America, Paradies Lagardère’s No Boundaries will offer the best names in outdoor apparel and accessories, including Columbia Sportswear Company®, Mountain Hardwear and Aventura®.
- Sports fans will score big at The Scoreboard, with the best in officially-licensed sports apparel and accessories in an innovative store design and layout.
Paradies Lagardère’s winning proposal also includes several powerhouse brands:
- TripAdvisor® will serve busy CVG travelers with travel essentials, snacks, newspapers and magazines, and HBA items. Floxbox by KENDU, a new generation LED display that combines textile images with motion effects and dynamic animation will be offered in the space, allowing travelers to explore the region through the images on the screen.
- A newly-imagined CNBC featuring a modern and bold design that heralds the next generation of Travel Essential concepts will greet CVG travelers. The store will offer travel basics and local vendor gifts and food items.
- CVG travelers will also be able to purchase contemporary business and leisure clothing from Brooks Brothers; beautiful hand-crafted jewelry from Brighton; and men’s and women’s innovative fashion from SPANX.
- Paradies Lagardère’s TODAY store will provide travelers with seamless technology, entertainment, news and travel essentials, along with a popular brand.
The concepts will also allow customers the convenience of easy pay options such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Mobile POS.
Paradies Lagardère delivers the very best solutions – a favorite local concept or a highly-desirable international brand – that exceeds expectations for our airport partners and travelers. Paradies Lagardère specializes in three key airport concessions areas: Food and Beverage, Travel Essentials and Specialty Retail. Within Travel Essentials and Specialty Retail, we offer a diverse mix of categories including fashion, luxury, electronics, convenience, sports, luggage, jewelry, and souvenirs. Paradies Lagardère also delivers high-end restaurants, quick-serve and casual restaurants, and quality bars, including local, national and international brands that provide travelers delicious dining options.
Our commitment to exceptional customer service, superior design and award-winning store and restaurant operations and management, has earned the company numerous accolades from the travel industry, including being named Best Airport Retailer for 23 consecutive years by Airport Experience News magazine (formerly Airport Revenue News magazine). Paradies Lagardère was also recently recognized for excellence in specialty retail, earning ARN Awards for Best Specialty Retail Brand Operator for its Brooks Brothers concept. The company’s headquarters is in Atlanta, Ga., with an office in Toronto, Ontario. For more information, visit paradieslagardere.com.