Mobile technology coming soon to airline and other popular travel apps
ATLANTA – Paradies Lagardère, the North American travel retail and restaurateur leader, has partnered with Grab, a new open platform mobile app that connects airport restaurants, retailers, and services to travelers. The largest e-commerce platform in U.S. airports, Grab allows users to explore dining menus, evaluate restaurant wait times, and place and pre-pay for meal orders all from their smartphone. Paradies Lagardère will roll out Grab at Bar Symon at Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT), and Concourse C stores Magic Pan, Big Bowl, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and Auntie Anne’s at Denver International Airport (DEN). The Grab roll out at the Pittsburgh and Denver airports are scheduled for June, with plans to launch Grab at other airports later this year.
Travelers looking for something to eat before catching a flight, or after arrival will be able to use Grab to order. Available on both iOS and Android devices, travelers can use Grab for mobile ordering throughout their travel experience at any of the participating restaurants across its ever growing network. Additionally, the app will soon be available through Grab’s partner American Airlines as a feature within the airline’s mobile app.
Grab offers travelers:
• Gate-to-gate mapping that provides access to all options along travelers’ paths in the airport.
• Mobile ordering, which permits passengers to skip lines and access sit-down quality restaurants on-the-go.
• The ability for travelers to place orders for immediate fulfillment, or place and hold orders if there are delays, etc.
• The ability to submit receipts to Concur with one click for business expense reporting, etc.
• Frequent travelers will enjoy the ability to save favorites for quick checkout.
• Travelers will soon be able to pay for purchases with frequent flyer miles.
Grab provides airline partners and restaurants:
• An open platform approach that allows airlines and other travel apps to leverage content and mobile ordering.
• The ability to provide airport businesses additional revenue by capturing sales traditionally lost due to passenger time constraints.
• Turn-key mobile ordering fulfillment.
• Point of Sale (POS) integration.
• Shorter lines and increased customer satisfaction.
“Paradies Lagardère is not only working to provide delicious food options and high-quality dining experiences for travelers, but we want to make it easy and convenient for them to do so. The very nature of airline travel is being pressed for time. As a launch partner with Grab, we acknowledge this and we’re working to provide solutions. This app provides accurate and comprehensive airport dining information, including concourse information, special offers and personalized content,” said Bill Casey, senior vice president, Food and Beverage, Paradies Lagardère.
“Grab has created an enterprise-level product that works for restaurant and retail operators of all sizes, as well as meeting the needs of today’s busy travelers,” said Jeff Livney, chief experience officer, Grab. “As a team with deep technical experience in building mobile, kiosk and related software for the travel industry, we truly understand the operational requirements of our partners.”
With more than 200 restaurants signed up for the platform, Grab is the largest e-commerce platform in the airport. By the end of May 2016, Grab will be live in 14 airports throughout the U.S. It’s currently available on the Apple App Store (iOS) and Google Play Store (Android). For more information or to download the app, visit https://grabmobileapp.com/.
High-end restaurants, quick-serve restaurants, bars and coffee shops are all a part of Paradies Lagardère’s Food and Beverage concepts. Brands have been tailored to entice travelers with the same familiar quality, variety, taste, and atmosphere as their favorite “at home” dining spots, while maintaining the highest levels of quality and service.
Paradies Lagardère was recently awarded three prestigious awards for excellence in Food and Beverage. Airport Revenue News awarded the company an ARN Award for Best Chef-Driven, Local or Regional Restaurant for Bar Symon in the Pittsburgh International Airport. The USA Today 10Best Reader’s Choice Awards also awarded Paradies Lagardère the Best Airport Bar Wait Staff for its Bar Symon Restaurant in the Pittsburgh International Airport, and recognized Long Beach Airport, where Paradies Lagardère manages the full restaurant program, as its Best Airport for Dining.